Friday, February 19, 2010

All's Fair in Love and Trade Shows

Hi, all. It’s me, the GreenBox Intern. I’m sure you’re clamoring to know why I haven’t updated this blog in a couple of days. Allow me to explain.

Do you remember my last blog entry, wherein I suggested that you apply the GreenBox to your love life? Well, I took my own advice, and let’s just say Cupid really emptied his quiver over the past week or so. I haven’t had a week of unbridled hedonism like that since Ned and I went to Mykonos (some of the pictures from that trip are technically illegal in the United States, and for good reason).

One particularly impressionable hippie was so taken with my GreenBox pitch that I had some trouble getting her out of my apartment this morning. As I was showing her the door, I gave her a few sample boxes and told her to pass them out to attractive friends. What I didn’t tell her is that they have my phone number written on the inside. I’m telling you, it works.

Romantic conquests aside, I want to give you faithful readers a heads-up on what’s going on here in the NYC offices. We’re gearing up for two exciting industry events, the first being the International Restaurant and Food Service Show of New York. The show kicks off on February 28th at the Javits Center in Manhattan, and the GreenBox will be a featured product at the Imperial Bag & Paper booth (highly coveted industry real-estate, if we do say so ourselves). Here’s the kicker – you can get complimentary passes to the event by contacting Nicolina Zimbardo of IB&P at 1 (800) 794 7273, X3111. You can also email her at nzimbardo@imperialbag.com.

Naively, perhaps, I assumed that my employers would take care of getting me a pass to attend the show. Turns out I had to contact Nicolina myself, like I was just some schlub off the street. I guess I ought to get used to that kind of treatment around here. To add insult to injury, enigmatic inventor and C.E.O. William Walsh told me to be at the Javits Center at 4 A.M. on the morning of the 28th. When I pointed out that the event didn’t start until 10 A.M., he said, “I know. I just want to drive by and see you standing out there by yourself at 4 in the morning. It would amuse me”. Wearily, I agreed to his strange demands – I’ve learned that resistance is futile. And besides, when this product takes off, I want to be in good standing.

I’ll be live-blogging and Tweeting the show as it happens, so be sure to befriend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Keep in mind that I’ll be with Ned at the shows, so things are bound to get interesting. In case you've forgotten, Ned is the Director of Marketing here at GreenBox. He's also the guy who drinks straight vinegar on a daily basis because he swears it helps prevent wrinkles or some nonsense. He is also, I'm forced to admit, my brother.

The second industry event we’re preparing for is the International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas, NV. This show kicks off on Monday, March 2nd, and the Green Box will be featured at the Roma Foods booth (again, pretty high-class company we keep).

I won’t be attending the Las Vegas show in person. Will made a point of asking me not to attend in spirit, either. However, I will be back here in the NYC offices providing almost-live coverage of the event via pictures and correspondence relayed from Will, Jen, and Ned. I’ll also be picking up Jen’s dry-cleaning and watering her Ficus.

If you can attend either of the shows, please do so – the GreenBox crew would love to meet you. Otherwise, stick close to this blog for the latest updates. Get on board now…after these two events, the entire industry will know that the GreenBox is the Next Big Thing.

One final teaser: stay tuned for an amazing new GreenBox commercial, which is nearing completion and will be posted shortly. You guys are gonna love it.

XO,

The GreenBox Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment